A slight change of plans, due to our assistance being required at Castlemaine to help change a carriage generator. So we tackled point timbers.
A load of timber was brought down from Maldon, then destruction began removing the old timbers.
Before long it was pull out the old and stick in the new.
Where possible we used pandrol plates, to improve gauge holding.
Lots of gauge correction was required as it was starting to work wide.
And the reason for the train in the background, was the fitting of this replacement genset under the carriage Macedon.
Of the 13 timbers we changed today, 6 have been fastened up, leaving 7 for tomorrow’s gang. Meeting at Castlemaine from 8.15am