After a long day in much nicer, but still a little wet and windy weather, we have one end more or less installed.
It’s been quite a learning curve, as this turntable has a very different setup for securing the rail at the end than we’re used to.
After much debate and working out how to make it work, we decided we could do a far better job than the way it was, so we have changed fishplates and installed pandrol plates to hold the rain ends with no chance of movement.
It was a bit of a learning curve as we had to check out sections to allow for the pandrol plates. But we’ve now got a system for the other end and it should go like clockwork.
We’ll be back here Monday, maybe Tuesday next week and should knock the job over then.
Tomorrow we’re back into it on our Railway, replacing sleepers near Donkey Farm Track. Meeting Maldon 8am, site from 8.30am