On what we’d planned on being a day of installing additional anchors, the rain had other ideas. We did manage to get the curve nearest Maldon completed, this is a job well plug away at on and off for some time until we reach Muckleford.
Once the rain got the better of us, we headed to Castlemaine, were we refitted some now inflated tyres to the excavator.
Before drying out in the loco shed spreading some ballast along A road.
This whole siding still needs a considerable lift and tamp, we’ll save that for another raining day, however it’s now nicely rocked up and ready to go.
Given we’ve got a few volunteers away for Friday, it’ll be used as a lineside drain clearing day, given the forcasted rain over the next week. This is largely just digger work, so no formal planned workday.