Well after a very successful day, we’ve now got 4 siding connected back up to the carriage shed and available for use.
Reconnecting the track was quite straight forward, with the sleepers already laid out. It was just a case of finding rail and joining everything up.
And here’s proof that it is in fact trafficable!
We made use of the ballast train and left over ballast from Wednesday to complete the ballast drop. Which we did in stages to allow for the big lift required.
Lots of jacking, levelling, lining and tamping followed, getting this bit of track looking very nice.
We’re not quite finished yet, with another small ballast drop needed to finish off the very middle followed by about an inch lift to get it perfect.
Our next project, the construction of track into the loco shed, is also well in hand, with the earthworks now completed ready for track laying to begin tomorrow.
Meeting Castlemaine yard from 8.15am.