(sorry this has been sitting sneakily in the drafts area since Thursday! Details of works on Thursday 19th July)
Not entirely true, lots of unbolting and cutting too.
Our trusty(?) gang truck has let us down with a failed water pump and the spare won’t be in till Tuesday. So the re-railing was put off a week and we found jobs that didn’t require the truck.
We tackled breaking apart the 60lb in strings from our most recent re-railing effort. We really did this to retrieve the reusable bolts for use in the Castlemaine section as we used up our entire supply on Tuesday.
We didn’t count the exact number that we broke up but it would have to be 200+, a pretty good effort really!
We’ve even tidied up all the fishplates and scrap bolts.
As well, the gang installed a few missing 80lb anchors on the most recent re-railing as well as removing more 60lb anchors in the next section to be done.
Tomorrow will be a bit more breaking up rail, before we head out and change a few sleepers and finish off with some more bolt tightening. Meeting at Maldon 8am.