Well today we made a bit leap towards the 3rd road in the shed by dragging in the rail and laying out the sleepers.
We’ve gone for steel sleepers, hopefully with a spring clip (E clip or Pandrol clip) fastening. We’re using this section to experiment in using steel, as it may prove an excellent method through more of the yard as the new developments progress.
We’ve been out and about again, this time re-sleepering over at the Ballarat Tramway Museum.
The sleepers replaced were concentrated around 6 & 7 roads outside the shed, with a few spot replacements around the yard.
The pics show the work as it progressed.
There was also some tamping, lifting and levelling around the depot to remove a few dips.
Today was the relaying of 4 Rd at Maldon.
Still some ballasting, lifting and tamping to go but otherwise all done.
While we were at it we replaced the old broken rails at the end of the turnout.
Still a bit of tidy up to do next week.
Today saw the start of work for the relay of 4 Rd Maldon.
We’ll be using 60lb rail released from the rerailing works in long lengths to save time, effort and to replace the very poor rail removed from 4 Rd.
Our new grab proved extremely successful in laying out all the sleepers for the job.